Meeting the needs of complex & vulnerable groups: Working with survivors of torture and trafficking
Remedy will be running a course on 'Meeting the needs of complex & vulnerable groups: Working with survivors of torture and trafficking' on the 23rd of May at Freedom from Torture.
A clinician from Freedom from Torture's Medico-Legal Reports team will be running sessions on the day.
The course will cover:
- Defining torture and trafficking
- Applying guidance on survivors' entitlements to access services
- The asylum and immigration system and how it affects the provision of care
- Identifying potential indicators of vulnerability and abuse
- Plenary: Asking questions around trauma in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Looking after ourselves
Please follow the 'I'm interested' button to find out more about this training.