More on training
Welcome to Training and Capacity Building at Freedom from Torture
What we do:
In 2012 - 13 we developed and delivered training programmes for domestic and international agencies working with torture survivors, including:
- Frontline advice services for asylum seekers and refugees
- GP and health services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) services
- Voluntary counselling organisations
- Legal representatives
- UK Department of Health staff working in initial accommodation centres
- International work - including our current project with Penal Reform International, to develop a major training project for legal and clinical professionals working with survivors in the CIS countries.
Freedom from Torture builds capacity around the UK for primary health care trusts, NGOs, charities, and other frontline services working with survivors of torture, refugees and asylum seekers.
Much of our work consists of the design and delivery of high quality, bespoke training programmes for organisations that provide services for survivors of torture.