From runs to dinners to garden parties, there's a Freedom from Torture event for you.
Fundraising events are a brilliant reason to get a group of friends, work colleagues and family together to raise much needed funds for Freedom from Torture. Think about what you and your friends like to do and then find a way to raise money through that activity. It could be (almost!) anything.
The money you raise will be put to immediate work in helping survivors of torture on the long and difficult path to recovery. Everything helps.
Your event could be a coffee morning, poetry reading, gardening, wine tasting, jumble sale, pub quiz, dress down day at work, film night, fancy dress, garden party, cake sale... the ideas go on and on!
How to raise funds:
- Charge an entrance fee or ask for donations
- Organise a raffle or auction
- Sell items and donate the proceeds
- Request donations from local businesses
Things to think about:
- When is the best date?
- Where could you hold it - your house or community centre?
- Who are you going to invite?
- How - recruit volunteers to help run it
- Fun - music and entertainment
- Promote - tell everyone, we can help with this bit!
- Involve local business and newspapers, often they can contribute
To find out more and to order the materials you need to get started call Mandy on 020 7697 7761 or email email@example.com