We did it! Privilege Style pulls out of Rwanda scheme
We did it! The airline Privilege Style has told us they WON’T fly refugees to Rwanda. Their plane was on the tarmac ready to fly refugees away in June. But now - thanks to the actions of thousands of you - they’ve said they will not be a part of this cash for humans scheme. It’s incredible.
As this lands in the newspapers, it will send a powerful message to the whole airline industry and to our new Prime Minister - whoever that may be.
I am blown away – and as a torture survivor, it means so much to me that thousands of us did this together. People power works.
Here are some of the things we did together:
- 16,000 of you emailed Privilege Style
- Thousands tweeted and commented on their social media pages
- Hundreds of you called them
- We confronted the airline at their Spanish HQ as the first plane was due to take off
- 10,000 signed an open letter to sports teams telling them not to use the company
- We interrupted the world's biggest airline conference to call out Privilege Style
- We gave them the 'Worst Airline of the Year' award in front of Spanish TV cameras
I’m so proud of everyone. Because of you, the Rwanda plan is looking more unpopular than ever. On one side are the Conservatives. On the other side are opposition parties, religious leaders, celebrities, the public and even King Charles. Now the airlines won’t even take money to be involved.
We already forced Titan and Airtanker airlines to say they won’t fly the planes. And now we've made Privilege Style to do the same. The government is running out of places to turn. We CAN make sure no plane ever takes off to Rwanda.
We won’t stop going after airlines who could be involved. We don’t have big corporate donors, but we have each other – and together, we’re winning. If you can, please chip in and help make sure we can defeat the cruel Rwanda plan for good.
Kolbassia and the rest of the Freedom from Torture team