Our raffles are just the ticket to help make a difference to people's lives every time you play
Raffles are one of our most cost-effective ways of raising funds - for every £1 we spend running a raffle, we raise over £6 - so it’s a fantastic way to support survivors of torture whilst having the chance to win up to £1,000!
“ Finding the envelope from Freedom from Torture saying I had won was absolutely wonderful. I passed some of my winnings back to Freedom from Torture, gave both of my children some, and the rest went towards a small greenhouse which has finally arrived and been put up – I have so many plans for the spring!”
September 2021 draw winners:
- 1st prize - 056588
- 2nd prize - 008706
- 3rd prize - 296440
Tickets are not to be bought or sold by anyone under the age of 18.
We send raffle tickets out with our newsletter - The Survivor – which is mailed out to supporters in January, June and October.
However, if you don’t yet receive our newsletter but would like to receive raffle tickets please email email@example.com specifying how many books you need (there are 12 tickets per book)
or phone 020 7697 7788
How to enter
Please return the ticket stubs of all the tickets you’ve bought yourself or sold, together with the completed raffle ticket form, to RTLK-UZHL-SBLZ Freedom from Torture 111 Isledon Road LONDON N7 7JW
Which bit to complete
Please ensure that the name and address of the person who has bought the ticket is on every ticket stub to be entered in the draw
Are you gambling more than you really want to?
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit www.begambleaware.org for help and advice or contact The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (8am to midnight).
If you would prefer not to receive raffle tickets from Freedom from Torture in the future then please contact us by phone: 020 7697 7786, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Fundraising Department, Freedom from Torture, 111 Isledon Road, London, N7 7JW.
Terms and Conditions
Our raffles are run under the rules of The Gambling Commission for Great Britain Licensed by the Gambling Commission www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
By purchasing tickets and sending back your paper raffle ticket stubs, you agree that you have read and understood these terms and that they will apply to and govern your participation in the lottery. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, you should not accept them, in which case you will not be eligible to participate in the Freedom from Torture raffle.
Under these regulations:
- Tickets are not to be bought or sold by anyone under the age of 18
- Tickets are also not to be bought or sold on behalf of anyone who is under the age of 18
- The raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (This excludes those living in Northern Ireland. Isle of Man and the Channel Islands)
- Tickets are not to be sold in the street
- Tickets cannot be purchased over the phone using a credit card
- If you do not live in Great Britain and you have received tickets, please return them to Freedom from Torture to the freepost address provided or to the address above
- Freedom from Torture supports responsible gambling - www.gambleaware.org.uk
- The draw will take place at the address printed on the ticket on the date printed on the ticket
- All raffle draws are random blind draws which are witnessed and documented
- All proceeds, after the deduction of prizes and expenses, shall be deemed as a donation to Freedom from Torture, the charity which you have supported.
- Winners will be notified by post or telephone within two weeks of the draw date. Winning ticket numbers are published on our website www.freedomfromtorture.org/rafflewinners
- Any payments for tickets received after the draw date will be taken as a donation.
- Any raffle entry may be terminated at the discretion of Freedom from Torture with any unused monies refunded.
- Freedom from Torture will never sell or share your information with any other organisation for marketing purposes. Data that is collected from you is used solely by the Charity to process your entry into the raffle, to inform you if you have a prize or to send news updates and promotions of the charity according to your preferences.
Contact: Maria Rocio Roberts c/o Freedom from Torture, 111 Isledon Road, London, N7 7JW.
Registered Charity No. 1000340 and SCO39632.
Freedom from Torture is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4625.
The status of our license can be found here: https://secure.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/PublicRegister/Search/Detail/4625
For more tickets or if you have any queries or complaints, please call us on 020 7697 7788 (9am-5pm Mon-Fri) or email email@example.com
The profit from this raffle will be donated to Freedom from Torture.
The Freedom from Torture Supporter Care Team receive and deal with the initial complaint.
The Supporter Care Team will send an acknowledgment of the complaint within five working days. The complaint will be fully investigated and a response issued within 5 working days a log sheet is completed at the time of the call/on receipt of the written complaint. The complainant's contact information, details of the telephone adviser who took the call or member of staff who investigated the written complaint, the nature of the complaint and how the complaint was investigated and resolved are recorded on the log sheet.
If the complainant is unhappy with the resolution of the complaint they should contact the Director of Fundraising and Communications of Freedom from Torture who will reconsider the decision and who will contact the complainant within 10 working days.
If the matter cannot be resolved internally by the charity, the supporter will be informed that they may, free of charge, refer the dispute for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
As a member of the Lotteries Council, the registered ADR Entity that Freedom from Torture would recommend is: The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS) -PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS Tel: 020 7347 5883.
A copy of each decision on, or a note of the outcome of, each dispute referred to the Fundraising Regulator with relation to lotteries or raffles will be provided to the Gambling Commission by the Freedom from Torture.