Each year millions of people take journeys. For most of us these journeys are safe, however for many they are not. Every day, those fleeing persecution and conflict need to make perilous and difficult journeys to find safety.
This spring, as a way to stand with people who need to make difficult journeys and to support survivors of torture living in the UK, we are encouraging you to take part in A Spring in Your Step - a one month long fundraising challenge themed around Journeys for Hope.
Between 15 April (Good Friday) and 16 May(International Day of Living Together in Peace) we are looking for enthusiastic individuals and groups to stand with survivors, raise money and show support via their very own journey for hope.
This could be:
- a physical journey, like a sponsored walk, run or cycle ride.
- a cultural journey, such as cooking foods from different countries for your friends
- a community journey such as organising a series of themed music events
- an activist journey, like writing letters to your local MP or newspaper
- a learning journey, perhaps reading a book on human rights every week for the month
You could do it on your own or in a group. Any challenge, big or small, is welcome. So whether you are a serious walker or would just like to go for a Sunday stroll with your family, whether you are a cook or an artist, this is a great opportunity to get involved in our work and help us raise vital funds.
Check out the #springinyourstep Justgiving campaign for key information, photos, and the running total of how much the campaign is raising or have a look at the guidance booklet for more information, resources and ideas for promoting your own fundraiser.